Saturday, May 12, 2007

Pohela Boishak - Bengoli New Year 1414

This is first time I have celebrated Bengali New Year in Dhaka. It is great experience because Dhaka is city where every occasion celebrates largely. Actually, I got this chance by surprisingly. One my friend calls me and says he is going to marry in 12 April so I have to attend that occasion. For this reason, I reached Dhaka at 12 April at 7.00 am. The marriage ceremony held at Puffin restaurant in Lalbag. This was so interesting because my friend live in England so this marries happened by telephone. The next day was my friend’s aunt wedding ceremony so I had to stay next day in Dhaka. 13 April was the last day of Bengali year of 1413. That day I went TSC at 7.30 pm, everybody were so busy. They were preparing stage, musk etc for next day.
Pohala Boishak I mean first Boishak of 1414 Bengali Year, at first I went to Romna Park.
There was many people boys wear fotoa, Panjabi, girls wear Shari, kamiz that was white, red combination, in a word it was excellent. I enjoyed over there very much.
By walking, I came to in front of shohid minar. In there a seen very hearted me I saw many people there with their shoes. They did not put of their shoes. It is pathetic experience .we are that Bengali those who respect the shohid minar only for 21 February. After that, I came back to home and took a bath then I took pantha rice. :)
At after noon I called to my friend’s girl friend it was 2 o’clock. I asked her could meet with me? Then she gave me location and I went there. It was so interesting because she told me to come in front of a girl’s college gate. I went there and meat with her. Then she offered me would like to go anywhere? I did not say anything. Then I called to friend because he was at Chittagong. After that, we went Art faculty of Dhaka University. There was being concert of Bappa. We had bad luck we could enjoy only three songs. Two hours I was with her then I came to home again. Then prepare my self to go to Savar.
This my full day experience. I beg sorry for my poor English. :-)

1 comment:

färµañâ said...

Looks like some one had a great time. I’m starting to fell jealous. Welll bad luck for me. God knows how many more melas I’m gonna miss by staying here. Well, I’m happy for the fact that I’m coming to bd next summer. Hey when I come to bd, can u come to Dhaka and meet me there. I wish u can.